Tuesday, November 6, 2007

TV

I have come to the conclusion over the past year and a half that DVR is the best invention ever. If I had to choose between sliced bread and DVR...DVR. Between air conditioning and DVR...DVR. Between running water and DVR...close call, but I'd still take DVR. Even when I'm home in time to watch my favorite shows I will wait 10-20 minutes. That way I can fast forward through the commercials. Speaking of favorite shows...The Monday show dejour is most definitely Prison Break. Season One didn't really draw me in. Watched a few episodes, found it entertaining, but not worthy of weekly homage(this was during college and had I had DVR it might have been a different story, but nonetheless). Season Two, my first year of DVR experience, was one of the first shows to start in the Fall last year. I was still sort of recovering from my experience with death a few months prior, so TV time was at a max. I noticed that the second season was starting so I tuned in. I haven't missed an episode yet. It is truly up there with the likes of 24, Smallville, & Criminal Minds. Just like 24, it is a running story and leaves you hanging, like a friday soap opera cliffhanger, every week. Smallville and Criminal Minds are great(seen every episode of both:Smallville for, i forget, 6 or 7 seasons maybe & Criminal Minds is in its 3rd I believe) but you could afford to miss an episode or so and not be lost. There are so many story lines and back stories associated with Prison Break that it is truly a Man's Soap Opera. Don't worry though, I won't ruin anything for those of you who aren't up to date...it's tempting, especially for certain people who are a season behind in Smallville, but I won't ruin it for anyone. There is one rule for DVR though. You do not record sporting events, especially playoff games. The only exceptions to this rule is if you were in attendance at the game and want to see if you made it on tv, and if it's a contest instead of a game, i.e. the Home Run Derby. You will hear who wins the game. You will see who wins the game on ESPN. And you can read/watch/listen to any highlights or expert takes on the game. If you just aren't able to catch the game live, tough...pausing the game to use the bathroom or tend to nagging does not count as recording the game...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with watching DVR on live tv as with sporting events. However, it was wonderful, to rewind during the NFL playoffs last year as see the woman witht he shirt that said "FUCK THE STEELERS". Pause, Rewind, Fas Forward, Slow motion, it all said the same. Plus it was much better than reading it on the internet and trying to find the site that had the pic.